SMi are delighted to have our Chairman, Speaker and Workshop Host, Justin Mason-Home, Director, HPAPI Project Services Limited, onto the speaker panel for HPAPI 2018!
Justin Mason-Home is an organic chemist with extensive health, safety, environmental and chemical engineering experience in senior technical, legal and commercial aspects of the pharmaceutical, biochemical, chemical and other industries. He has held senior positions and worked globally in potent biopharmaceutical occupational health and safety global environmental consulting, board level positions in a biotechnology company and corporate environmental management. Justin has worked on multiple ADC projects and specialises in technical complex and strategic projects, including unique experience in managing sensitive highly potent and toxic biopharmaceutical compound matters.
SMi are excited to have interviewed Justin about his talk and career experience.
Below is a snapshot of the interview:
- How is your organisation involved in Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients?
- “HPAPI Project Services Limited supports (bio)pharma companies in designing and delivering all the occupational health and safety elements in potent and high potent API projects on a scientific and systematic basis. Maybe the highest value area is in conceptual and detailed design as project capital costs are high and errors at this stage can be expensive and long-lived. Another key area is training, from the senior management strategic level, to the operational worker level.”
- What technology or platform updates have really caught your eye in the past couple of years?
- “The two that spring to mind are the real rise of flexible containment over the last 5+ years and the move to health-based exposure determinations used for cross-contamination management – a real (r)evolution and a long overdue move to a more scientific and systematic approach.”
- What are the future challenges for the advancement of HPAPIs and what do you think are the biggest hindrances to achieving the utmost therapeutic potential of HPAPIs?
- “I don’t think that there are any unsurmountable hindrances to developing the therapeutic potential of HPAPIs. Look at ADCs, highly potent APIs that previously were too toxic (including too narrow a therapeutic window) have been reborn when used in a much lower but highly targeted manner. You could not get a better example than Pfizer’s Mylotarg which has recently come back on the market after it was withdrawn in 2010 after patient toxicity concerns.”
- Which markets are you looking to collaborate with in the future?
Check out the full interview, available in the download centre: www.highlypotentapi.com/pmag
Hear more from Justin at the HPAPI conference this April 2018, as he presents: ‘Strategic Management of HPAPI projects.’
– Day 1 | @09:10
Topics will explore:
– Key stages of an HPAPI project
– Benefits of a Systematic and Scientific Approach
– Pot Pourri; Risk Assessment, QA and H&S conflicts, Pitfalls and more!
Plus… Attend a Workshop!
Justin will be hosting a half day post conference workshop on Wednesday 23rd May, where he will present ‘Practical Steps for Delivering HPAPI Projects.’
Learn key HPAPI project elements, what factors are important and how to build information designed to underpin HPAPI project investments. All too often companies and their advisors, design and deliver HPAPI facilities based on “emotion” and guesswork. This workshop will try to ditch the emotion and provide a pathway to systematic and scientific project design.
For those looking to attend there is currently a £100 early-bird saving, ending March 29th.
Further information is available at: www.highlypotentapi.com/pmag
SMi presents the 2nd Annual:
Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (HPAPI)
Date: 21st – 22nd May 2018
Workshops: 23rd May 2018
Location: Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London UK
For all media inquiries contact Pavan Solanki on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6048 / Email: email@example.com
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward-thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk